Monday, March 19, 2007

Do you cheat yourself?

Spin class tonight. Second one back after a week of recovery. Felt fresh, felt strong. An hour and a half of speed/cadence work. Avgerage heart rate = 166bpm, Max = 190bpm, in LT zone = 21min. 44sec. , above LT 40 min. 37 sec. Whew! Good workout.

Funny, the spin instructor said, "Like my mom told me, 'You can cheat, but you're only cheating yourself.'" So true, sitting on the bike spinning away you could tell that some were working away, others were not. That's the thing with spin classes, you don't know how hard others are really working - some could be killing themselves, others are good actors. Too each his own. I know that I worked hard and will reap the rewards for it.

I know that Mark worked hard too. He was sweat'in up a pool under his bike. He looked over at me during one of the all out efforts, held up his heart rate monitor to show me his HR. At that point I was seeing double so couldn't tell, but I'm sure he was showing me it to let me know that he was suffering too.

Got my carbs and protein shake into me straight off the bike. Need to recover for all the riding coming up . . . . more to come on that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max HR 190BPM, must be nice. Can't get mine over 182BPM anymore. Heading down to the dungeon for a spin right now. Thanks for the motivation, won't cheat tonight.
G.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I suffered. ..plenty.
Feels good today though.
MHR 192. dunno the average cause I left the HRM on til I got home, but it was up there.
M

Anonymous said...

More suffering to come this weekend! Can't wait! Yahhhoooooo!

Anonymous said...

Check out this vid for insperation. Makes me want to XC ski.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc8ppRiobus