Sunday, March 4, 2007

Gats Backcountry Ski

Mark, Tanya and I got a nice 3hr 50minute backcountry ski in today over in the Gats. Perfect weather - just beautiful day. Good endurance based ski. Trails were cushy and fluffy.

There were some ups (this particular one was a wall on #17)
And there were some downs. Mark showing some wicked break dance moves.
Nah, didn't fall - just goofing around.
The Norwegian Embassy and the NCC celebrate cross-country skiing and the great outdoors by serving warm 'solbærtoddy' (black currant beverage) and 'vaffels' at Huron Lodge.
Got to sample some 'vaffles' and goats cheese. Doesn't sound very good, but them there Norwegians got it going on. Great training food: carbs and protein - what else could you ask for? Mark & I actually got the last ones as they were closing up for the day.
"I'm sure that there is a Tim Horton's somewhere around here."
A view of Gatineau (city) and Ottawa from Skyline.

4 comments:

The Vegan Vagabond said...

yay! I'm featured on Craig's blog! What a great ski. We'll have to do that again soon.

Anonymous said...

Tanya,
you owe me big time for not putting up your break dance moves (as I did with Mark)!
Yep, fantastic ski! Wish they were all that much fun.
C.

Anonymous said...

Yeah-oowww! Get down with your bad self Mark!

Anonymous said...

Hoo wah, I owe it all to the 'flashdance' legwarmers!!