Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gatineau Ride Today

Ride Time: 2 hr 21 min
Distance: 62km
Avg Heart Beat: 157bpm

Spent most of the time (1 hr 3 min)in my muscular endurance zone and a good chunk above that doing some standing climbs.

Still snow at the top near the Fortune/Champlain intersection and couldn't get past it, so I climbed Black Mtn three times. First, just spun up focusing on keeping my heart rate at tempo pace, the second I did standing the whole way up and focused on keeping my heart rate in my muscular endurance zone, and finally spun up seated - in muscular endurance zone - concentrating on pulling the pedals up through the stroke and compared it to my second climb up.

Finally beautiful weather. Wore the Zeals today - very impressed. More to come on that.
Cheers.

2 comments:

The Vegan Vagabond said...

Way to go Craig - you're back in business!!

When I was riding today I climbed up something similar to Blacks... but only once, now I feel like a slacker.

the original big ring said...

YOU? A slacker?!?! I think not!
You're just cycling across the second largest country in the world!