Monday, May 21, 2007

Scat-a-rat-tat-tat

No callers to win Supertramp's, "Breakfast in America" in the "name that poo" contest.

For those of you who are not scatologists or are not into the study of scatology, the picture above is one of black bear poop. Some may have been confused at determining the size of the poo without anything to scale it. You may have thought that I came across a chipmunk with a severe gastrointestinal disorder and took advantage of it's suffering. Alas, there was no trickery and in hindsight I should have used something for scale - perhaps my foot beside it.

If I had indeed done that, you would have see that bear poo is about a foot across.
That's one large kaa-kaa!

What does this have to do with anything? Nothing. No one wrote in with an answer - what's wrong with you people anyway? Supertramp?!?! What's not to love?

I was just sitting here this morning drinking my coffee and thinking about (don't ask me why) how many piles of bear shite we rode past yesterday in the park. Lot of poo sightings, but no bear sightings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, not sure if I saw two or three piles. Different colors too, maybe one was from a brown bear!
Hey, how come I'm so blurry in those pics? Is it the speed? Should I slow down next time you're taking my pic? ;)

The Vegan Vagabond said...

I'm afraid of bears and their poo. I thought about guessing the poo but I already have numerous autographed copies of Supertramp's "Breakfast in America". So I didn't think it was fair to everyone else.

That's some good jumping Lenny & Mark!!

the original big ring said...

Lenny, you were going slow . . . .

Tanya, silly girl, one can never have too many autographed copies of that album.