Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Flying Scotsman

I took a day off for recovery Monday after the long trainer session on Sunday. I would have gotten outside for a slow ski or snowshoe, but the crap weather yesterday and last night have changed the snow into a sloppy, soft mess. Lots of rain and warm temperatures.

So I took advantage and rented a movie that I've been wanting to see for a little while now, The Flying Scotsman - it's the true story of Graham Obree.

I have to say, I really liked this movie. It wasn't your regular action packed, over-Holywood produced movie. At times I got felt a little 'choked up' and found myself cheering for Obree's character. Besides the incredible story of this guy building his own bike, out of washing machine parts, there is a darker side to Obree, which comes out in the story as well.

The real Graham Obree.
I did a little research on him on the web and I read somewhere that he was planning another crack at the longest distance cycled in one hour record. That'd be interesting to see.

No comments: