Saturday, February 23, 2008

If I had a million dollars . . .

I got up early this morning and decided to let Chrissie sleep in a bit before our usual Saturday morning walk with Jackie Boy out at Bruce Pit with coffee in hand. So I got on the web and was trying to catch up with all the bikes presented at the handmade bike show. There were so many incredible builders and bikes there, it was hard to choose my favourite. Lots of categories to have a favourite in too: best xc mtn bike (26' & 29" & 650!), best track bike, best city fixie, best road, best townie, commuter, etc.

But I would have to say the builder that most caught my attention was Darrell McCulloch of Llewellyn Bikes in Australia. This guy know how to build a beautiful bike. Check out his site if you get a chance - he's got lots of photos of his shop, the process of carving out incredibly detailed lugs, bikes he's built and so on. One of the hardest decisions, if I owned one of his incredible bikes, would be to ride it or hang it on the wall.

If I had a million dollars I know what I'd be doing with it.

No comments: