Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sleeper

Start time of the race, which I didn't make.

This year's OBC Almost 'Paris - Roubaix' was a sleeper for me. Meaning I was asleep when I should have been lining up to ride. I should be out there riding in this event as I type. Shit.

I don't know what happened. I guess I must have switched off the alarm clock after hitting snooze or something. I don't even remember it going off. Damn it! I've been having really bad sleeps lately, restless sleeps. I get jimmy legs bad at night, especially when I'm riding lots, so I kick like I'm in a bad 80's kung fu movie. The combination of staying up late watching the playoffs, a hot upstairs bedroom (yesterday was the first time we had the windows open this Spring - it was so nice out yesterday, and warm!), jimmy legs and having a difficult time falling asleep . . . . recipe for not waking up on time. Shit.

I had every intention on going and was looking forward to riding the Fisti. I had everything packed and by the door, registration form filled out, bottles ready to go. All I had to do was wake up, get dressed, pack the car, stop at Tim Horton's for coffee and a bagel, and a short 40 minute car ride to Almonte. Fugg!

The rain has even held off (for now) and it's not as cold as I expected. This is going to be one of those times that I am going to regret. Shit.

Ever sleep in and miss a race?

4 comments:

Peter M said...

This is what happens when I don't come and pick you up for this race.

As Minhas Pedaladas said...

I have two alarm clocks on race days... But had to come back home to get helmet and shoes, and almost missed the start hour! Like you said! Shit!

Anonymous said...

don't worry about it man. remember there's a reason why things happen. I hope you enjoyed the day with your wife, and baby girl, thats what is most important.

Kate and I went to Science and Tech, WHAT A BLAST!!!!

if ya miss something, go blast your legs on your own time, its great training!!! you know it is!

W

Anonymous said...

ZONK ZONK ZONK ZONK...ad nauseam I've had dreams where that pervasive sound is everywhere I look and I can never stop it. I've missed traininig rides, work and even hot dates, but never a race due to my body screaming for more sleep.
It was a great time and a great course that you missed. But hey, there is always next year :)

Marc (Warren's teammate)