Thursday, March 8, 2007

Wednesdays are always super busy for me - yesterday was no exception.
I'm really happy with how my training is coming along. Every year I seem to step it up a bit. This winter I've been doing way more spinning than other winters and it feels like I'm reaping the rewards. Had spin class last night - apparently we are on hills -cause that's all we did.

It was nice of the sadistic spin instructor to give us five minutes to warm up (I actually had a good 15 minute warm up cause I arrive early to snag a good bike) then we jumped right into a 7 minute standing climb . . . .you know, "to get the blood flowing". It takes me forever to warm up, so I found this to be the most difficult part of the class.

Worse part about the class is the instructor doesn't spin with us because of an apparent injury - how convienent. As the class went along, I found that I was able to recover faster between sets - all this interval training is paying off. We did a 16 minute climb - first seven was a seated slug fest and the remaining nine were standing with every minute and a half an gear added on.
Finished the class off with eight fifteen second intervals (first five standing, give it yer'all death sprint followed by ten seconds seated fast as yer' legs can carry you sprint) - each set was followed by a fifteen second recovery, then do it again. Great for working on explosive power and recovery.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to be a machine this year Craig... You will be deserving of the handle "Big Ring"! :)

Lenny

Anonymous said...

Will I be a fast machine (ie. porshe status) or a slow machine (rotor tiller)? My guess is somewhere in between. ; )
C.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've convinced me to sign up for the Mon 1.5hr class. you make it sound like so much fun fun fun!! yippeee weee!!
Hey! maybe I'll puke!
M

the original big ring said...

Yoooowzaa! It's going to be fun! Wear your best euro cycling suit, get all pretentious, hold your nose in the air and pretend you ride every year in the Tour.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I don't do any spinning with you guys! Say HI when you lap me at Albion...

L

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Hawaii Lenny!
C.