Sunday, May 20, 2007

2:1 Ride

2 geared riders to 1 single speeder (2:1 get it? AND, also reference made to my gear ratio . . . man, am I good or what?!)

Nice ride today. Mark, Lenny and myself (later Peter would catch up on our way out) did the O'Brien-Wakefield-Lac Phillipe loop. I was surprised that the legs felt as good as they did considering yesterday I hauled a 28.5 lb bike up to the fire tower and back. On a much lighter bike and carrying far less gear and water helped. Rain held off, thankfully. Started out pretty cold, but we got warmed up climbing pretty quickly.

Riding in the Gats you are either going up or going down. So lots of climbing. It was more of a muscular workout for me - climbing those hills really pushed my legs. Very happy with how they responded. Feeling good five weeks out of Solstice (my first 24 hr solo race of the season).

Mark and Lenny catching some air time coming off a water bar while bombing down one of the many hills today.

My poor attempt at action photography. Blurry! Is it art if that's what I was attempting to do?

Hmmm . . . . post ride recovery at La Cigale in Chelsea after a 3 hr loop.
What!?!
A banana split has got everything you need for recovery: ice cream - protein, some fat and carbs; bananas - carbs; nuts - protein; chocolate sauce - carbs;
whipped cream - ummmmm.....??
cheers

No comments: