Monday, July 2, 2007

Burnt

I've only been on the bike once since Solstice. Was supposed to do a long 2oo km ride with Rick on Saturday, but it ended quickly for me. Got into the park and decided that I had enough. The body, legs and mind were not recovered from the race. Maybe I waited too long to get a recovery ride in. Like Rick said to me, "You dried up like an old leather shoe." How true . . . . a shoe.

Heading out to SMH this morning to hook up with a few of the guys which will hopefully turn out to be a nice easy cruise - just what I need. I've been finding it hard to get motivated to do anything this past week. Part of it is the build up of the race and the high that comes with it, then it's over . . . . .
The other thing is school has ended and I'm on vacation. It didn't end that well for our staff either, with a high profile abuse case in the media about one my students - tragic to say the least. Thought that I was a little "battle hardened" after some of the stuff I've experienced teaching these past ten years . . . alas, it wiped me out.
Time for a ride.

No comments: