Sunday, May 4, 2008

My fleet of bikes is slowly dwindling. Just last week I sent off the Surly 1x1 and parts south of the border, all the way yonder down to Texas. It was an awesome bike and I loved riding it. Nothing handles like steel - until you try it, you don't know what you're missing. I'm happy it's going to an owner who is truly in love with Surly's and steel - it's now in good hands and a happy home.

In the workshop sits my Desalvo road bike, my old road bike (trainer and late Winter/early Spring bike) and my 1x9 Niner. I've got an old beater that's in need of a rear wheel (anyone got one laying around that I can convert to a SS?) and my 1940 CCM Cleavland Motorbike (it's not really a 'motorbike', it's just the model name) in pieces waiting for me to restore it.

I'm just holding out, waiting and waiting, for something to happen along the lines of a SS 29'er. I've got parts ready to go, but I'm just missing a couple key elements that will tie everything together. I'm dropping some hints here and hopefully 'someone' is reading this (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and gets me "The Burt" soooooooon!

More on "The Burt" to come!

No comments: