Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wookie? No . . . Loogie

Hawk a wookie?
No, not wookie . . . . . . loogie.

Though it feels like something big and hairy has been living in my lungs for the past two weeks.
During the last stage of the BC Bike Race, I commented to Curvy Butt that I was starting to feel sick, like flue sick. He brushed me off in the unloving way he usually does when I tell him something is wrong (I'm a wee bit of a hypochondriac), so feeling unheard and unloved, I popped some Tylenol and ibprophin and got on with the race and felt okay for the rest of it.

That night at the award ceremony, on top of Whistler, I was starting to feel worse and worse - post nasal drip, sore throat, coughing, sniffing, blah, blah, blah.
Got pretty sick for three or four days and then seemed like it was getting better.

But the last week or so I've started to get worse - my lungs are super tight, hard to get a breath, coughing up all sorts of interesting crap - thick enough to hold together a birch bark canoe. Finally went to see the doctor today and I've got a bad case of bronchitis. On antibiotics and a puffer for the next two weeks or so. Good news is that I can still ride, but have to take it easy. Yay!

Mmmm . . . . green, thick phlegm goodness.

1 comment:

MCF said...

mmm...yummy!

Hope you start feeling better soon!