Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On and off

I've started a new teaching position at a different school this year. Bonus for me is it's really close to home - I can either walk or bike (which I do) each day - which means no driving in traffic. I hate traffic. Also, my day is shorter this year, so I can get home and out on the road bike right after work a whole lot sooner - meaning I have that much longer to get a road loop in before it gets dark.

Despite the crappy, wet weather yesterday, I was able to get a good ride in. I did get rained on & off about a half a dozen times while in the park, but nothing that lasted so long to soak me to the bone. A good thing too, cause it was chilly yesterday, nearly perfect temperature (with wind chill) to get hypothermia.

Second time in the park over the past few days, and the second time seeing some wildlife. This momma deer and her young one along the road at the base of Pinks.

brrrrr, chilly ride yesterday . . . . first time since the Spring that I've had to don arm warmers

Since returning from France I've felt like I've been struggling to find my legs. Sunday's long ride must have shaken loose some cob webs. I bettered my best time by nearly 3.5 minutes on the Gat loop and upped my average speed by nearly 2km/hr. Whoot!

1 comment:

LennyG said...

QUOTE: "I bettered my best time by nearly 3.5 minutes on the Gat loop and upped my average speed by nearly 2km/hr. Whoot!"

Good for you and in that case I am not available for a ride this fine Saturday.