Monday, October 6, 2008

Kingdom Trails/Waterbury Road Trip Report Day #2

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know . . . I'm doing this backwards - day two first.

Breakfast - can't remember where. Big Ringers, help me out?

Tanya and Lenny admiring some fine quilting

On the way to Waterbury, we came across a small town fall fair. Had to stop to experience hometown American hospitality at it's best.

phew phew - guns slinging, root'in toot'in (opps, too much farting on this trip) cow poke

Like "most" Americans assume that we Canucks live in igloos and there is snow 12 months a year, we assume that all Americans are packing guns.
I did get a chance to enter into a gun raffle. I think Rifle Raffle sounded better. When I suggested it to the gun raffle people, they threatened to shoot me.
I hope I win - there's a bunch of stuff that I want to shoot.

Lenny Crocket
Lenny shot and skinned a raccoon while at the market. Lucky dog. Unlucky raccoon.

Any fans of Arrested Development? (funniest show ever by the way)

I got to drive a segway. It ain't as easy as I make it look.
I also bought one cause just driving it once made me realize
I'm wasting my time walking anywhere.

Trailhead at Waterbury

these trails are not to be missed if you have the chance to ride them
super fast and flowy, well marked, well cared for

some rocky, really fun techy bits that flowed and flowed

Tanya rolling over the fallen colourful leaves
we rode the red/yellow trail twice - yep, it was that much fun - super swoopy, pine forest stuff
we were whooping it up the entire way down, by the bottom it was like we wuz jacked up on Mountain Dew

looking back over my rear tire at a burmy climb - beauty bench cuts
the Waterbury Trail System was "wicked nasty" fun
one main trail leads you up through the forest, some stout climbs, lots of little unmarked off-shoots to ride
we stuck to the red, yellow and blue trail

the drive home as the sun set

*thanks to the very friendly local riders who showed us around (can't remember their names) - cheers!

2 comments:

Shorty said...

nice shot riding in the sunset!

LennyG said...

I can't remember the name of the restaurant but the riders at Waterbury were Brian, Scott and Peter. Thanks boys!