Friday, October 24, 2008

Slooooooooowing dowwwwwwwwn

Like putting molassess in the fridge, the cool seasonal change to the Fall is having the same effect on me. Slow, low tempo. Motivation is lacking.
Must find something to inspire. Riding is slowing down due to the colder, shorter days and tempermental weather- yet, I'm still getting three or four days in most weeks. Next season seems so far away - training is not even on the radar.
I'm eating more, even though my body doesn't need the extra calories. Maybe it's nature's way of preparing my body for winter. Ottawa is supposed to get another repeat of the dumping of snow that we got last winter (approximately 11 ft of snow!) - so it will be a long winter. I'm looking forward to xc and skate skiing, but I can wait for it. This is the first year that I'm still wanting heaps more riding time. Usually by this time of the year I am feeling the need for a break from the bike. Not so this year.
I just re-read what I typed and it seems some what of a contradiction. I'm feeling lazy, but still want to ride. Meh. It is what it is and 'tis the season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hint ~ CYCLO-CROSS!!! rain or shine, don't be a wuss!

the original big ring said...

thanks Greg

the original big ring said...

damn! wasn't Greg. Must be that tall freak of nature - Warren?!!?!

bastard!