Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend B4H Bike Drive

I don't have a lot of time in my life for much other than my little family and riding & racing. When I do spend time away from the people and things I love, it had better be for a good reason. This past weekend I had a good reason to donate some of my time to my favourite charity - Bicycles For Humanity.

You wouldn't think sending a bike to Africa would/could change a life. Well, you need to listen to this (scroll down and clicky clicky on "Tools for Life") and you might change your mind.

I'm not sure what's going on with my facial expression in this photo, but I can assure you that I was very happy to be spending my time helping raise funds and collect bikes for this very worthwhile cause. Ryan and the Vegan Vagabond were there to help as well. Anastasia, another volunteer was behind the camera taking the photo.


We collected bikes, tools, spare parts, some clothing and backpacks, along with some money donations.

The Ottawa chapter of B4H met it's goal of collecting enough bicycles to fill a sea container to ship to Namibia this June. Read more about it here.

No comments: