I did try out a new front tire that my good friend Fritz loaned me (thanks Fritz!) - which rode awesomely amazing - report to follow soon.
* Have been getting The Peanut out for rides in her chariot - which she is loving.
* Coming back from an 'attempted' road ride on Monday afternoon I spot this dude near the Ottawa River walking his two miniature Doberman pincher's. WTF is up with the speedo? Is he Quebecois? A little disturbing that this is in my 'highs' list? Made me laugh, something I've been having a hard time doing lately.
* Been catching up on the Giro since my riding has been fading off. Really enjoyed the dirt sections of the Giro this year. Personally, I'd rather watch this race than The Tour - harder stages, prettier scenery, a more exciting race. Aussies showing their stuff, terrible weather conditions and Canadian - Michael Barry showing his legs in Monday's stage have been highlights. Evans is making Vino work for the win. Though I find Evans a bit of a whiner and I'm not a follower, I'd rather see him take the Giro (watch it here) over the doper who's got no class.
* In two attempted road loops of the park I failed miserably both times. Just Monday I had to stop and get off the bike and lay down in the grass for 5-10 minutes. No energy, headspins and my lungs were on fire . . . worst part about it, I was on a gentle climb. My other attempt had me turn around after 15 km and pedal slowly home. Fugg.
* At my doctor's appointment last week she thought that I may have a case of mononucleosis - which would explain the loss of energy and some of my symptoms. More blood work this week to confirm. Also being sent to an environmental allergist to be tested for allergies. Lung x-rays to follow next week. No answers are making it difficult to see an end or solution to what's going on with my body. It sucks ass knowing that there is definitely something wrong. Fugg.
* I posted last week about getting out to volunteer at The Ride of the Damned, however over-nights shift and an unexpected 'over time' occurrence had me going to bed at 10:30 am after putting in 13.5 hrs of work. Just couldn't haul myself out of bed to go bbq hotdogs for a bunch of hungry riders. I felt pretty guilty for not showing up, but with my body trying to recover with whatever is going on . . . well, the sleep was much needed. Looks like I missed a hell of a ride - check it out here.
* And, speaking of sleep . . . . rather lack thereof . . . in 48 hrs I had a grand total of 7.5 hrs of sawing Zzzzz's. Fugg.