Friday, March 30, 2007

35

It's my birthday today. I'm not a big birthday person - actually I couldn't give a rats a$$ about my birthday. You're as young, or old, as you want to be. When it hurts to get out of bed and I can't do the things I use to do, then I'll start living birthdays up . . . cause when it all starts heading south on me, I'm going to ride it all the way.

I was able to have my own little celebration after work. Got out for a spin over to the Gats. Got as far as 3/4 the way up Pink before I gave up fighting my way through the snow and ice. Still, very nice to get out on my first road ride of the year. I haven't thrown a leg over the bike since returning from NC. I felt great, fast and strong - nice to recover after the trip. Spun the legs out for Sunday.

Was going to do a trip wrap up, but will have to wait. I have to get my shit together for Uxbridge on Sunday. Rick and I are heading up to Midland to crash at Matt's tomorrow then head down to race in the ice, mud and rain ("at times heavy" - sounds like fun).
Cheers.