Saturday, March 31, 2007

Heading out soon

Weapon of choice for tomorrow's race.
It's going to be a really muddy course, so I figure why bother switching gears, having a clogged up derailleur and shifting issues. There's lots of fire/logging roads so I will be paying a price on them - will be spinning out while being passed by guys in their big rings mashing away. Might not be the best choice, but will see. Not running studded tires either, so this could get messy. Come back Monday for an aftermath post - should be interesting!

My goal for this race is for fun and training. Mostly mental training (being a mental midget I need all the training that I can get) - getting over travel, riding in tough conditions (cold, rain, ice & mud), and getting over the anxiety of racing.

If you notice to the right, I've got a new sponsor. Crank Brothers have graciously offered to sponsor me. I've been using their pedals for about 4 years now and love them. I use them on all my bikes, including my road bike - yes, not very roadie like, but they are light and I don't have issues with them.

Crank Brothers are also sponsoring the team that I am racing under, Machine Head Racing. I hope you jerks get your shite together soon so that we can put that order in - hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. By the way MHR, when are you going to put a shirt on my back?

Got to go, Rick is picking me up at noon. Got to get my stuff packed. Wish me luck!
Cheers.

No comments: