Sunday, May 20, 2007

New name, same management


I've got a few friends who like to joke around and call me "big ring". Came from a trip to North Carolina last year. I was climbing this never ending grade and it seemed pretty tough, looked down and noticed that I was in my big ring. I mentioned it to the guys at the top and I guess they took it as something I was bragging about . . . . what can I say . . . I WAS leading the group up the climb, I WAS pretty far ahead of them . . . .

. . . . . in all modesty and fairness, I was just making an observation. I am by no means what-so-ever a climber. I'm by far to fat and slow to be considered a climber. I digress from my story . . . .

I thought that the blog needed a little change, something catchy? Is doing a self imposed nick name an act of desperation? "Hey guys, look at me!" Kind of like when George Costanza from Seinfeld was trying to get his co-workers to call him "T-bone" and they ended up calling him "Coco the Monkey".

In high school I was sometimes called Sasquatch and not because I was cute and cuddly. More because I acted like a complete animal on the weekends! So, "big ring" ain't so bad.
Cheers.

No comments: