Saturday, May 19, 2007

Solo Suffer-fest . . . where's the love?

Left the house this morning just before 10am.
Plan was to ride to the fire tower and back, from the house. Couldn't find a soul interested in doing it - too bad, because it was a beautiful day.

Had to take some bike paths. Then crossed Champlain Bridge over the Ottawa River into Quebec.
Once into the park, I was on more bike paths until the base of Pink. Finally got some dirt under the wheels. After Pink's and MacKenzie, I jumped onto Number 1 at Kingsmere. This is Shilly Shally, one of many huts in the park where you can take shelter. These are great in the winter while out xc or skate skiing. Great place to warm up and get a bite of food into you. All huts are equipped with a wood stove and wood to burn.
The first caller to indentify this critter's poo, that I foudnd on the trail, will receive an autographed copy of Supertramp's "Breakfast in America".
**Hint: it's not mine!**

Wolf Trailhead - was very tempted to ride this . . . but I was a good boy!
Next stop, the MacInstry Fire Tower.On the way back from the Fire Tower, I cruised on over to Champlain Lookoff for a look-see. Beautiful day!
To see my return trip, just scroll up.

Just a teensy bit over 5 hours in the saddle and just under a 100km. Great training ride. Too bad so many of you chumps missed it!
Cheers!

3 comments:

The Vegan Vagabond said...

awww...that kinda made me homesick!
Glad you had a good ride.

Matt Spak said...

Poor Craing No one wants to play with you.

The Evil MGE! said...

well that sure does look like a story book ride but let me tell you bought yesterdays.

38 miles
did I mention 25 of that was climbing?
oh yea 4hrs 10 minutes ride time.
The route you ask? See the Blogg Kid.