Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Racey racey

Got my first Sunset Series race tomorrow night at Fortune. Missed the first one due to some plumbing issues that our washing machine surprised us with. I'm looking forward to it, it should be a lot of fun. Going to know tonnes of people racing, so will be a hoot to see everyone out.

This is strictly a training ride for me - intervals (one big one) so-to-speak. I'm surprised that my legs still feel a bit shagged from the weekends effort. I even did a recovery ride yesterday!! What's up with that? I thought that that was supposed to make everything better!?!

I typically don't do well in the short events, takes me a long time to warm up. To top it off, it's going to be a scorcher with high humidity tomorrow - I hate the heat and humidity. Are these excuses for tomorrow? Better believe it! Tune in tomorrow for all the reasons why I didn't do well.

Still don't have my wheels for the 29'er yet, and I'm still using the shop's. Hope someone is reading and they can get them ready for me real soon. Really looking forward to getting them, to break them in a bit and work out all the bugs before Solstice (less than two weeks away!). A 24 hr race is no time to be trying out new equipment.

1 comment:

Matt Spak said...

excuses excuses excuses