Thursday, August 16, 2007

24 Hrs of HAN



Chico Racing - Hot August Nights 24 Hour Race
Saturday/Sunday - August 25th & 26th, 2007
Albion Hills Conservation Area

This will be my second solo effort this season. Solstice was the race that I trained for and wanted to do well in. I'm not feeling as motivated for this race and my training has shown it. A knee injury flare up a week after Solstice didn't help. My longest distance ride on the bike was about 100km and longest time on the bike has been just over 4 hrs. Doesn't add up to a lot of training for an endurance event. Hopefully I'll have enough base-miles in me to get me through.

Much less pressure on myself for this race too. I just want to go out, enjoy it, represent my sponsors, have fun and see what happens. Besides not having enough training miles in, my second limiter would have to be my knee issue. Been using a strap under the bottom of my knee cap to help alleviate the patella tendinitis that I've been having - seems to have worked for the most part, as long as I keep using it. Unknown what will happen after some longer hours in the saddle.

The regulars will be there in the Fishing Hole - looking forward to some good times and laughs.

No comments: