Monday, August 27, 2007

Hot August Nights '07

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed with how I did at HAN. At the time when I threw in the towel, it felt like the right decision. The excruiating pain from the cramping that I was experiencing was horrendous, not just in my legs, but also in my back, arms, neck, hands and feet. My legs today feel as if someone took all of my tendons and stretched them completely away from my body with fish hooks.

Not even Jebus could save me.


In hindsight, I'm very disappointed in my performance and how I did. I'll leave it at that for now.

I didn't get many photos this weekend. Here are two for now . . .

Tanya and Peter before the start of the race. Fresh and smiley faced.
Peter was supposed to do this race as a tag team, however at the last minute he did it solo when his riding partner had to back out.

Here they are after. Not so fresh looking (or smelling), but still smiley faced.


Congratulations to:
  • Tanya finished in 2nd with 15 laps, female solo.
  • Peter finished in 9th with 13 laps, male solo.
  • Rick and Matt placing 3rd in the men's tag.
  • Machine Head Racing who placed 2nd in the mixed 5 person 175 plus age group.
  • Joey, Steve, Scott, Lenny and Peter (what was your name?)



No comments: