Saturday, February 2, 2008

Revisiting fatty

Hello fatty!

I shudder everytime I see this picture.
I don't remember who took it.
It kind of reminds me of this guy . . . .

Not that I'm comparing myself to an adult film star - I don't have the charisma or on-screen talent. I am hung like a horse though. The only thing we have (or had) in common was our girth - I'm talking belly size here folks - keep your mind out of the gutter.

This picture was taken just before the start of this year's Hot August Nights 24 Hr Race, which I did solo. I weighed 196lbs that week. Way (or weigh) too much!

Part of me would like to have shoved the camera up the person's jaxie before they had a chance to take it. Another part of me is thankful.

Mark reminds me everytime I bring that photo up that the angle is bad. Awwww, isn't he sweet! I love Mark. However, there's no denying that I've got tits in that photo. Someone should have given be a bro to wear. A big fat belly and back fat to boot.

I've been pretty inspired since Christmas to drop the weight. Lots of motivating factors involved, as I demonstrate with the above photo. The self-conscious, self-image thing is pretty big. If you think you look like shit, you'll feel like shit. No one wants to feel shitty - do they?! It's not about getting down to six-pack ab'ed out male athlete models . . . . it's getting down to my proper size, weight that's healthy and feels right.

I've also got a lot of races this season, most importantly The BC Bike Race (where I'll be climbing hills/mountains like I've never climbed before), this season - the less weight I have to carry, the faster I'll be.

That's where I'm at. What's your motivation?

1 comment:

emilio cannes said...

dude, this is awesome! i mean, this is great stuff u got there!