Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thinning out the stable and repairs

What's inside?
My Titus Motolite. All packed up, ready to be shipped off to it's new home.
This was a fantastic bike. I only had about 15 rides on it. It is in mint condition!

Long story short: bought the bike, rode the bike, broke my arm, winter and then spring came, got picked up by a bike shop to ride their sponsored brand, didn't ride the Titus again. Shame really. I often look at it and feel a sense of guilt for not riding it more as it sits idle in my workshop not getting any trail time.
I think the new owner is going to love this bike!

The *plan* was to use the money from the sale of the Titus to pay off a few bills and then invest back into a single speed 29'er (or at least a frame, fork and some wheels) . . . . .
at least that was the plan.
Then this happened :


Had an ice damnn form on my roof, which in turn flooded one of my rooms on the main floor. Ceiling and exterior wall was ruined. Could have been worse and we were lucky to catch it. Insurance is going to cover it, however, my shingles on the roof took a beating from the snow and melting ice. Large hunks of ice slid off the roof and tore whole and partial pieces of shingles away. Insurance (for some reason that we're still discussing) says they won't cover it. Sometimes I wonder why we pay for insurance when the companies try to find some way of not covering you. So looks like the money from the Titus is going to be spent on my roof.

Still, not a big deal - at least I have a roof to fix.
Home ownership is always throwing something at you.

Any generous bike companies out there want to send a single speed 29'er my way?

3 comments:

The Vegan Vagabond said...

Stupid insurance.

Congrats on the Titus sale...finally!

Dan Frayer said...

Suck.

I would suggest a creative form of insurance fraud but that may direct attention to me and various claims made over the past 10 years.

You can always score a dirt cheap ZION and build it up with spare parts. I have a cog to donate if needed.

www.danfrayer.blogspot.com

the original big ring said...

Cheers for the offer Dan! I'd be more interested in hearing more about some insurance fraud - could be a good revenue generator for bike money! ; )