Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cycle Therapy 101

It's been a wee bit stressful at work - no need to know the details - it's just stressful. I was at my whits end today, ready to lose it . . . . if you know what I mean.

Thought about going to see someone, maybe a little shock therapy, maybe a little frontal lobotomy . . . .Instead, I went for a ride immediately after work.

I planned to go riding outside (and skip the regular Tuesday night indoor training session), had some interval stuff in mind . . . however, I just got on the bike, put it into the hardest gear that I could push and started to pedal.

For the first one hour and twenty minutes of the ride my heart rate didn't drop below 90% of my max heart rate (only at stop lights) and I think I cursed the person I was thinking of the whole ride. "Stupid, *%#@ beyotch! G*d damn $^&%*# son of a ^$%@!"
Cursed under my breath and out loud the first half of the ride.
Anyone who would of heard me would of thought that I was crazy for sure.

Funny thing was, it was my best, fastest and most powerful ride of the year. I didn't think about how hard it was to breath or how much my legs were burning. I just let the pedals do the talking. By the time I was done, I wasn't AS mad or AS angry . . . . the person I was thinking of was still a beyotch (it was a damn good ride, but no miracle!).
Helped that it was a beautiful evening too - only two layers, no ear warmer and no wind!

I'm feeling much better now.

No comments: