Monday, September 15, 2008

King was King for the day

I had a craptastic day riding Saturday. Two reasons: first, wrong tire selection and two, slippery, snotty trails. I couldn't find any momentum or flow.
In saying that, it was way better and way more fun than sitting in front of the TV with my finger up my nose (cause that's how I watch TV).

King, on the other hand, was riding well and loving the single track in La Belle Provence, on the other side of the river.

King ripping it up somewhere in Cheleasa.

I, on the other hand, was riding more like this snapping turtle that we came across who was trying to go from one pond to another.

Light at the end of the tunnel.

However, if you're going to ride like King rides, you're going to have to pay for it once in a while. This was a fulgy crash. I had to double back because King wasn't behind me. I found him laying in this position near the bottom of a rooty, rocky descent. Luckily he wasn't hurt and must have taken a lesson on how to fall out of Curvy Butt's book of crashes.

Or twice in a while. Note the impaler that just missed his head!

I ran Kenda Karmas today. I never liked the Karmas when it's wet. In the dry, they are super fast and hook up real well. Not so today. In fact, I took a slice in the side-wall and the Stans couldn't seal it. Second ride on the No Tubes. D'oh!

2 comments:

fritZman said...

Did you remember to hold the bottle upside down for a bit before pouring the sealant into the cup and then into the tire?

Stan's goop has little particules in the mixture that work their way to the bottom of the bottle. Apparently they help clog punctures.

the original big ring said...

Yep, I did all of that. I think that the hole was just a little too big. Karma side walls are pretty thin. I patched it once at home. It sealed up with no problem.