Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First intervals of the season

Some interval work from Saturday.

Yes, I know . . . pathetic. Pathetic in terms of workload and time on the bike. But, it's a start. Short little intervals thrown into some base miles. Every five minutes I'd pick the pace up for 30 seconds into my tempo zone, then 15 seconds in LT, then stand for 15 seconds (not going hard, just standing), then back into my endurance zone. All zones based on power of course, hence the Powertap graph.

Like I said, not any kind of huge work, but gave me something to look forward to every five minutes. I find it hard to sit your arse on the trainer for 45 minutes to an hour in the same zone throughout. Looking to begin repeating my three hour trainer sessions in the near future . . . first have to find the motivation and build up the calluses on my backside.

No comments: