Monday, February 23, 2009

Three hours of Hobbits

Feeling like a bag of crap Saturday and mostly laying low seemed to help set me up to be able to ride yesterday. I really wasn't sure if I was going to make it through the workout.

Three hours is a long time, so I chose to watch the first of the trilogy that I started last week:

I've never been a Lord before.

The video is sideways (sorry) and loops back on itself. You can watch it for three hours if you like and get an idea of how I spent the better part of my Sunday afternoon.

Pastels were the colour of day for my hankies.

You can't see them, but on the stool beside me is a banana and a Power Bar. I don't know about you, but I find Power Bars take more work to chew than the energy they give you. I was scraping the bottom of the energy bar barrel today - I think I got that bar in a schwag bag from a race in the past year or two.

Three hours of structured riding - workout can be found here. Every minute was accounted for so there was no time lolly gagging about. It was a mirror workout to last weekend's ride, except this weekend I was able to complete both ladders despite feeling a little under the weather.

Mmmmmm, fruity protein shake for recovery. It even matched my pastel hankie headbands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to your bacon burgers!!!

you're going to get geeky eating all that stuff...

geeky = no more "fun" riding.

Just riding to win.

the original big ring said...

Baaaa haahaa - you make me laugh - riding/eating to win . . . you don't know me very well. ME!?!?!! Win!?!?! Hahahahaha, never happen!

Shake was just to get the protein and carbs back into my body quickly so I could recover faster, so I could ride the next day.

You should have saw what I ate that night!!!!