Monday, February 7, 2011

Ambassador Awesome and Chasing Gwadzilla

**My internet service crashed for two and 1/2 days last week, hence this post is a little long as I am playing catch up**

I recieved an e-mail back around Christmas time from Richard at Backcountry Research saying things like, "We like what you are doing on your blog . . . Dicky is dead to us . . . glad we've found such talent up North.  Can you make me a cheeseburger?" I figured he must be drunk, because anyone who's sole purpose in life is to make Awesome Straps must be on the sauce. But to my surprise, a few weeks later I recieve this in the mail:

That's right bitches, "Ambassador Craig Barlow" . . . I would have preferred "Ambassador big ring" but who's going to look a gift horse in the mouth (what the fugg does that expression mean anyway?)?
I'm not a sponsored rider, racer (pfffft) or bike review writer guy and I didn't even ask anyone for nothing. I figured by listing some of the nice things I use under my "Nice Things" sidebar would just be my way of saying kudos to some of the bike products/companies that I use and think maybe you should use too. I guess my unsolicited advertising was appreciated.
(Maybe should have advertised for a Ferrari or woman's lingerie?!)
I've always thought of myself more as a dictator or king . . . not an ambassador, especially not this one.
So, with the schwaggedy-schwag sent my way I thought I'd show my appreciation by having a little contest last week to spread the Awesome love, cause really - how many straps does one guy need?  Got lots of e-mails for answers to my Pandora's Cookie Box Contest - the question being:  
How many "Healthy Cookies" I ate between last Friday 7:30 PM and Saturday 11 AM.  

The answer being 17.  Yes, 17.  I am not ashamed.
In fact, I am down to 196 lbs.  So suck it.

Regardless, there were three lucky winners who will receive one form or another of an awesome Awesome Strap.  Sad you missed out?  Kicking yourself because you didn't think I was serious and that I would in fact send you one on my dime?  Rest easy chum and stay tuned in the future because there may be more goodies headed north for another Awesome Strap Awesome Contest Give-Away.

I finally got to see Chasing Legends last week.  Can't understand why it's taken so long to hit the screens up here in Canada.  It was a one night showing here in Ottawa at Cineplex Theatres.  All four threatres in Ottawa were sold out, so Curvy Butt and myself ventured over the Ottawa River into Quebec to watch it.  I've got to say, I really enjoyed it.  So much so that I almost got on the trainer when I returned home.  And so much so that I've decided to ride in the 2011 Tour de France.  Now I just need a team to ride for. 

While watching the opening sequence I spotted my blogging friend Gwadzilla.  I had forgotten that he was involved with the Washington portion of the film and it was a cool surprise to see him on the big screen.
Recognize the beard in the opening black and white part of the movie?

And what must have been cooler for Gwadzilla was his young fella, Grant, having a part in such an amazing film documenting the Tour.