Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A week's worth of stuff

We came across a trail gnome at work in the middle of the week.  There's some fantastic work being done out in SMH on the trails.  If you're interested in helping out, check out OMBA's trail day this coming Saturday.
My camera couldn't focus on all the bikes (nearly 400) at the Bicycles For Humanity bike prep last night.  In about two hours we were able to break down and prep nearly 120 bikes. 

As part of supporting and advertising what B4H is all about, this year ten of us will be racing at 24 Hrs of Summer Solstice on behalf of B4H to raise funds and awareness.  More info on that to come.
I've gained a few 'Followers' Down Under.  Robbie was supposed to get a photo of one of my Jebus stickers (which she'd agree to do if I sent her one) on a kangaroo but at the last minute chickened out.  Aussies . . . pffffft, I thought that they were supposed to be tough.  "Knife?  This is a knife!"  While out on a ride she snapped the above photo and reconsidered approaching.  I don't blame her.  Check out the size of the arms on that roo!
I worked some very long hours on the weekend and didn't have the motivation or energy to ride other than to and from work.  Each day I'd pretty much come home, crash on the couch and eat Bits & Bites (cause life is too short not to eat Bits & Bites) wearing only my boxer shorts.  I couldn't even muster up the energy to take a photo, hence the re-created drawing from memory.  Miss Pibbs (our illegitimate cat) looks at me in disgust.  Yes, even a cat can see that I am an overweight slugg-o. Apparently I've also turned Asian from all the long hours of work and laziness.  Me soooo huuuungry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are We only tuff if we carry big knives?? BTW u forgot that little tidbit of info where I said he was 7ft+ HUGE just HUGE!!!!
R