Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Just in time

Got home yesterday from work just in time to catch the Purlator guy dropping off my package of OmegaWhey from Nutrablend Foods. Big "Thank You" to all the fine folks there, especially May! Very excited to have you guys on board as sponsors and glad that you're visiting the blog to check in on my progress.

It arrived just in time too. I had an hour and a half spin class last night and knew that I was going to need some excellent recovery nutrition right after. What a killer class - somebody must have forgotten to tell the sadistic spin instructor that we were starting a muscular endurance phase, because I'm sure that he thought we were doing hills.
I got there early and was able to get a good 15 minute warm-up before the class begun - glad I did because we jumped right into it. We spent a total of 48 minutes climbing, 32 of them were standing - the longest was a 12 minute standing climb at LT. Burn baby, burn! As another blogger out there says, "I was bleeding out my eyes."
The rest of the class was spent spinning at a high cadence to recover from the climbing efforts. I was cooked by the time it was finished. Got in 1 hour and 42 minutes of ride time. That Banana Berry protein drink really went down well and I'm feeling good today! Cheers.

No comments: