Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Keeping My Fingers Crossed

I'm hoping for a set of these:

A couple of years ago I was involved in an accident in which my median nerve and tendons to my right thumb, index and middle finger were severed. Ouch! It has taken me a long time to recover from it and today I have limited mobility in my thumb and no feeling in those three fingers because of the accident. This has caused me to change my shifting from Shimano trigger shift to SRAMs twist grip. Things worked out for the best, as I love using SRAM. My biggest issue is with my grip on my right hand.

My hand gets fatigued during endurance rides/races and I find it difficult to hold onto to traditional grips. I'm hoping that a set of grips from Ergon Bike Ergonomics will make the difference.

I'm also hoping for a pair of these awesome sunnies to arrive in the mail some day soon. Anyone out there from Zeal Optics tunned in?

1 comment:

The Vegan Vagabond said...

Ouch! severing your fingers, that sounds nasty.

Those glasses look pretty cool.