Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pole, glide, toot, pole, glide toot . . . .

Greg, Imad and myself headed out from P5 this afternoon for a skate ski of the big loop. Conditions were perfect for skating. It was warm and sunny, the trails were fast and hard.

Almost didn't make it though . . . . my belly wasn't feeling too good. Too much vegan food last night and not nearly enough bacon (Mmmmm......bacon) threw my nutrition karma out of wack. It was unbalanced and I paid for it today. It also could have been Chantal's delicious homemade peach pie that I had for breakfast with two big dark coffees. Who said pie wasn't the breakfast of champions?

I suffered a little bit at the beginning to keep up, they set a good pace. All the burping and farting (toot, toot) must have slowed me down. Made a short pit stop at Shilly Shally while the boys went up to Champlain Lookoff - we hooked back up and finished the ski off. I left everything on the last climb just trying to keep up to them. Finished feeling great and managed to get a shake into me for recovery purposes.
Toot, toot . . . . excuse me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great ski Craig. Way to hang in there on hard pushes up the last few climbs!
G.