Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Back Door(s)

This is the view out the back door of my house today. I would be a lot more bitter about being sick if it was sunny and warm right now. So instead, I'm going to rest and be grateful that I'm not missing any prime riding time. Still, I hate this fugging cold.

My good friend Tanya (a.k.a. "The Vegan Vagabond") rides for an organization called Organic Athlete "who's main mission is to promote healthy, plant-based living (i.e. vegan) through education, community and athletic example. So basically its like a team of vegan athletes supporting each other and encouraging others to join them!" Sounds like a great idea! Too each his/her own.

I'd like to propose an similar organization called "Eat Bacon". Our goal would be to promote unhealthy living, eating tasty food (ie. bacon, donuts, poutine, etc.) through sloth, procrastination and using unmotivated athletes as an example. It would basically be a bunch of people sitting around and trying to encourage each other to eat more and do less.

I've approached the Canadian Pork Council (yes, there is such a thing - just click the link!) to contribute as the main sponsors. It'd be a team made up of riders who don't really ride - they just need the stretchy lycra clothing to allow for their steady growing girth.
My other "back door"



4 comments:

Papa G said...

Yee! Haa! I see the bacon idea is picking up steam! Jump on the bandwagon or get steam rolled by a lard ass! Are you going to use that pig with a mullet as your mascot? Pork! It's the other "white" meat!!

T.

The Vegan Vagabond said...

pretty cheeky*, Barlow...


*pun intended!

Matt Spak said...

Baby got Back!!! (bacon)

Did you get that picture at walmart on a sunday?

Anonymous said...

sign me up baby.
I'm goin on three weeks of this cold so I've got the sloth and lack of motivation thing all locked up. So, if the 'pork people' (isn't that a scary image? people with pink skin, pointy ears and flat noses..) anyway, if these horrifying creatures will sponsor me for some product I'll be all set. ..or I could go with chocolate. yeah, chocolate & sloth. Now theres a combination I can get behind.