Saturday, May 5, 2007

SMH SS Rip

SMH SS Rip? South March Highlands single speed rip . . . . that's where and what I rode this morning. Got to Home Depot at 7am to pick up a few things, then headed off for a ride out in Kanata. It was my first time on a mountain bike since Uxbridge. My first time back on the technical, rocky trails since I broke my arm there last October.

I felt like a tossed salad the first part of the ride. Bounced and thrown about. Trying to find my legs, my timing, my technical skills - none of them seemed to be with me. I rode so badly that I ended up pinch flatting.Once I got going again, I was chased by a Falcipennis canadensis . For the past two years, at this time of the season, I've been chased by one on different rides. They become quite aggressive and protective of their nests and young.

Further along on my rideWasn't breaking any land speed records, just wanted to ride steady working on the technical skills that I've neglected over the past number of months.

Was riding along, in the middle of Outback (way out in the middle of nowhere) when I came across this:What the f*ck?!?!

So I stop. Pick it up. Put it down and have a look around. Then I notice this
I'm not sure if this is someone's idea of a joke or what. I can't imagine someone biking all that way and just leaving their bike and saying, "Screw it!"
Though. . . . Outback is a challenging trail . . . .and has seen it's number of victims.
I had a look for a grave, but found none.

Finished up my ride just under two hours. Later today I'll be heading out for a road ride - it's really blustery today. Nothing worse than riding in the wind. So I'm keeping low until later this evening.

No comments: