Friday, May 4, 2007

TGIF

Man, what a long week. Crazy busy. Today was no different.

Arrived home today after work to meet a steady stream of visitors. Found this guy on our path way to our backyard:Hey! Do that on your own time! Get back to work!

Rick has been a permanent fixture at the house this week - totally destroying our bathroom and rebuilding it back up again. He's putting in long hours. We are very impressed with his work - it's going to look awesome.

Visitor Number One: Lenny. He picked up his new bike from me, my Specialized Stumpjumper. I'm really going to miss it - one hell of a bike! But he's going to take real good care of it and give it a good home, so I don't feel so bad. Come back to see what's replacing it.

Lenny loading up the bike. Bye bye stumpie.

Visitor Number Two: A friend's brother showed up to take our old toilet away while Lenny was here.

Visitor Number Three: Al arrived not too long after. Al had been helping Rick with the demo work and first bit of installation of the bathroom this week. We invited the both of them over for a barbeque to say thanks for all their hard work.

Visitor Number Four: Right after Al arrived, the guy who was taking our old bathroom vanity, cupboards, etc. away showed up.

Visitor Number Five: Sat down and had dinner and Julie arrived to pick up her bike that I rebuilt for her.

Just finished the dishes and will be heading off to bed soon. Yep, a recovery day, but not a lot of rest involved. Tomorrow is a long day on the bike. What makes it more difficult is that there's going to be a strong northerly blowing. Cool and slow ride.

5 comments:

Matt Spak said...

Kick the fat guy off the shitter and make him work. No reading the paper on the clock. If your paying him make him work harder!!!!


Oh say hi to Rick and Tell him his bike will be here this week

The Vegan Vagabond said...

Lenny - why did you buy Craig's bike? Also I heard you got a new road bike! Exciting stuff.

(Craig you don't mind if I communicate to Lenny through your blog, right?)

Anonymous said...

Tanya, one can never have too many bikes! Actually I've always liked the Stumpys and Craig's (oops, Lenny's) has such a sweet build on it I couldn't refuse. It's a lot lighter than my Enduro so it'll be great for SS and HAN and Gats and...

(Craig you don't mind if I communicate to Tanya through your blog, right?)

the original big ring said...

(Tanya and Lenny, I don't mind)

Tanya, I got rid of the Stumpy to make way for my new bike - check my Monday, April 30th post.

the original big ring said...

Matt,

hard to get that guy to do anything . . . so freak'in lazy!

= )