Sunday, June 10, 2007

Carbon Copy Minus the Bears

Today's ride was pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday's ride, except only one loop and no bears to speak of. Might have something to do with the time of day and the heat. They were probably sleeping under a tree in the shade all afternoon . . . . as you do, when you're a bear.

Today Mark, Colin and Chantal joined me on the ride. Except . . . Chantal didn't join us until half way through, because the dumb-ass forgot her shoes. Ended up going home, driving all the way back and did the loop in reverse until she met up with us on the 50. What a trooper!

Mark and Chantal, just when she met up with us.

Colin draping himself over his bars, taking a breather. I hear you bruth'a!

Good pace today. Legs felt really good even after yesterday's marathon. Had all the intentions in the world of going out and doing a road ride when I got home - wanted to get my two days of 6hr rides back to back completed. Such is life, didn't happen and I don't feel guilty or bad for it. Had a good weekend of riding. It was my last weekend of long rides before Summer Solstice. And to be honest, I'm looking forward to the break before the big race. Got more riding to do, but a lot shorter rides, some interval work and a short race Wednesday night.

Besides, my arse is sore and swollen. Feels like someone took a meat tenderizer to it . . . .now if that ain't something to invision! Let this be a lesson to you kids, make sure you keep your chamoise nice and dry and take good care of your backside. Forgot to spread the love before I left yesterday and got wet riding through a big mud puddle.
D'oh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you put that stuff on your bum bum??