Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pulling the plug

My knee is in bad shape. Can't explain it - haven't injured it, haven't changed the set up on the bike . . . nothing. I can't seem to ride for more than 25-30 minutes without it starting to really hurt. I've been icing immediately after a ride, taking ibprophin and stretching. It's swollen at night and in the morning, grinding and sore.
I`ve decided to skip the 8Hr race at Gore. In fact, I`m staying off the bike completely until I get back to Ottawa and have this checked out. I`ve got five or six more races this season that I want to be competitive for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig, I'm sorry to hear about your knee, I really hope it's nothing serious.

If rehab calls for slow rides after you return let me know, maybe I'll be able to keep up for a change! I'm on holidays for the next 2 weeks and plan to do some riding...

Cheers buddy!

Lenny

Papa G said...

Craig:
Just a thought regarding your knee issues. I believe you use Speedplay or Crank bros? pedals, which have a very small surface. Maybe you should try some Looks or Shimano road pedals. They would give your foot more surface area, better float and more leverage. This is just a suggestion and I have no evidence to back this up but you never know.

G.

Anonymous said...

Hey Craig

Sorry to hear that knee is not better!
One thing you might want to think of or have checked out...muscle unbalance. I get that a lot, then the front of the knee cap starts hurting big time. I need to point the toes out and work out the inside more... I know a great guy you could see.

Matt Spak said...

Hey Craig

Sorry to hear about your knee. Make sureyou are stretching your quads ALOT!!!! Email my sister she might have a few ideas for you. She fixed my knees a few years back. Rest might help too