Saturday, July 14, 2007

Update

Hey hey . . . . it's been a while. A few things of interest have happened . . . .
  • completely mangelled my leg after I slipped while climbing on a rock at the beach - managed to crush the veins (I have varicous veins - yuck!) on the shin on my left leg. Got a wicked picture of it that I will up load once back home! Picture a baseball size lump ontop of you shin.
  • Met up with Tanya on the island and she stayed the night at our cottage that we were renting. Rain and lack of rain gear kept me from riding with her to Pleasant Bay yesterday (I'm a whimp, what can I say). She's almost done her cross Canada Trip - you can check out her adventures here.
  • Haven't been getting in many long days on the bike. Ever since Solstice, my left knee (especially on the road bike) has been giving me a lot of trouble - about 45 minutes into a ride and it starts to get very painful under the front to the knee cap. I have to ice the knee immediately after and cannot usually ride the next day. Haven't changed the set up on the bike, so I don't know what's going on. May have to go see Mary at Bike2Body for bike fit when I get back home.
  • Had an awesome time trial type ride yesterday along the coast from Whale Cove (seen pilot whales almost every day since we've been here) up into Cheticamp and back - beautiful. Sudden changes of weather made it interesting - one mimute sunny and clear, no wind, then next (literally!) it was foggy, thick like pea soup - crazy, but very cool to ride in!
  • Got the 8 Hrs at Gore next weekend. I'm "iffy" about doing this race. Will decide at the last minute I guess - it was never in the long term plans to do it and I was going to do it for fun, so we'll see.
  • Off to PEI for a few days on Tuesday. Chrissie has never been there, so it will be fun to show her around. Will be taking the bike with me, of course, so will be cool to get a ride or two in - never have cycled in PEI before.

That's it for now. More to come later in the week from Halifax.
Cheers.

No comments: