Wednesday, February 10, 2010

101 & Spanking


Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm 99.9% sure that I am confirmed for this race. Went to register for the Lumberjack 100 yesterday and learned that it was sold out in 12 hrs. Fugg. Didn't think it'd go that fast. Was really looking forward to it - 99% single track over 100 miles (three 33 mile loops). I really dig the 100 mile format. Nothing that long up here unfortunately. 100 miles . . . 160 kilometres. It's not a race for me, cause let's face it I can't compete with the 'hundie' cult followers down in the States - they're all freakishly fast. It's rather a very long day in the saddle riding epic trails with good people all around you. If you've never done one, you don't know what you are missing. I may have one more 100 miler in the states that I may be able to swing that I don't have to drive a billion miles to get to. There's also this 50 mile race that I wanted to do last year that I may get to this fall as well.

I was pretty sure that I was going to be doing the Tran-Sylvania Epic, but money is THE issue right now. If I can sell this (won't someone buy it please) and possibly some not-so-important organs to scientific research labs, it may be do-able.

Spank the Monkey

Another big race I have my eye and wallet on is Crank The Shield. This will be the third year for it and after all of last year's reports it sounds wickedly awesome. Three day stage race in September - my favourite time of year to ride. Be advised, apparently this year you do have to bring your own monkey.

4 comments:

Big Bikes said...

Man, Lumberjack was a plan for me as well. It was even on my calendar to register (which I just noticed).
Fug me as you say.

-t

Anonymous said...

Crank is a pretty cool experience. Not as long or freakin crazy as BC Bike Race, but SUPER well organized, with kick ass food and free beer. DO IT!!!

Tommy said...

Did you consider the Mohican 100?
I have signed up SS cat, heading down from Stouffville

the original big ring said...

Tommy - I've been considering it and it is on my short list. We should hook up if I go.
cheers