Thursday, October 8, 2009

Suffering from lack of regularity


I ran yesterday, not far, just a wee bit over 6km in a fun run to help raise funds for MS. My knees, surprisingly enough, did not break or bend after the fourth km. I haven't run 6 km in just about ten years - seriously. Why the fuck would I want to run?!?! Why run anywhere when you can ride? When I run my teeth feel like they are going to fall out, it hurts my legs, it's boring, and it's slow (yes, I am a slow runner). Despite being a bit of a boat anchor when it comes to running, I managed to keep a steady pace and finished in just under a scorching 34 minutes.

The event was for a good cause AND we were forced to run it. Meh. In the event there were numerous people walking, running, rollerblading and biking. Lots of kids on big heavy Walmart and Canadian Tire bikes . . . created some jealousy in me and made me miss my bikes.

Thinking about my bike while I ran, I tried to come up with something to jot down for the blog-o-sphere. Nadda. Zipp. Zero. Poop. I've got no flow, no creativity to blog about much, nothing bike related, let alone time to do it. No pictures to upload, no stories or races to tell. No products to report on. No nothing. I feel as if my humor (or lack thereof) and ability to string together a few words into something somewhat comprehensible and entertaining is missing. I feel as far away from the biking world as you can imagine.

Alas, this too shall pass and I'll be back to regularity in a couple of months or so. Thanks for coming back to check on the blog - hopefully I'll get something worthy of coming back for in the next day or two. Cheers.

2 comments:

The Evil MGE! said...

You run like a girl, bacon boy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.