Saturday, April 21, 2007

106km

What a day! Doesn't get any more perfect. Here's what I did:
Chris and I took Jackie Boy to Bruce Pit early this morning for his walk. Jacks' LOVES the Pit! On the way there, stopped and grabbed a coffee to wake me up.

Got home from Bruce Pit and had breakfast. Was doing a long ride today so I wanted to top up on carbs to fuel the ride: OmegaWhey banana smoothie (yum!) and a bagel with peanut butter.After breakfast Helped Chrissie in the backyard raking and cleaning up. Finally drying up around here and is unbelievable outside. Chris loves gardening and has a bit of green thumb (I tell her to stop putting it up her nose, but she doesn't listen! hardy har har) and makes our place beautiful! She's the best!

Got ready to hit the road and was on the bike at twelve bells. Today a long ride was planned - couldn't entice anyone to come with me though today. . . . this clown will be coming with me tomorrow. Plan was a 100km endurance base ride, mixed with an hour or so of steady state effort in my muscular endurance zone.

Took the Desalvo out for it's maiden voyage. I've been waiting for a seatpost to arrive that fits my "bike fit" properly, but couldn't hold out any longer. Maybe a stupid move, could have injured myself not being all aligned up properly, but I couldn't take it any longer.
Headed south out of town to do my regular Manotick loop (from my place return it's just over 75km)I'm not going to go too much into the new ride, but it was INCREDIBLE ! I love this bike. So smooth, responds instantly and super comfortable. A review to come later this week.

Swung back in through Ottawa via Price of Wales, onto Island Park and across the bridge (by the way, there was a white water kayak competition going on at the bridge - would have liked to have stopped to check it out, but training comes first), up into Gatineau Park. Didn't go to far into the park - just up to the top of Pink, where I took this photo:You can still see some ice on Pink Lake. On my Wednesday ride up and past Pink, it was nearly all covered over - crazy what a couple warm days will do!

On the way home, I stopped off at Tall Tree Cycles to see Thom and Will who were curious to see the Desavlo.

Here's the numbers:
Total Ride Time: 3 hr 38 min
Average Speed: 30.3 km/hr
Distance: 106 km
Average Heart Rate: 157 bpm
Endurance Zone: 1 hr 20 min
Muscular Endurance Zone: 1 hr 22 min

2 comments:

The Vegan Vagabond said...

I had a feeling it was going to be that clown and that picture. glad you're enjoying the new bike!!

the original big ring said...

Hee hee . . . .