Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First XC ski of the season

A must for every ski season: matching boots and skis!
Got these babies at the Chelsea used ski sale a month or so ago.


I know, I know . . . . I could have been on the skis yonks ago (what can I say, I've been very, very busy - more on my handy work in another post). In fact some were on them back in October, though that first dumping of snow did not stick around. Since then, there has been pretty regular skiing to be had for the past three or so weeks.

So last night King and I headed out for a short, easy ski from Gameline up to Pinks - a week later than last year's first ski. It was frigid cold for December (-22 Celsius with wind chill, that's 7.6 Fahrenheit for you Yanks). Conditions weren't bad, but weren't stellar. With Gameline being the closest point in the park to Ottawa, and at lower altitude, there is not as much snow as further on in the park. As a result, the tracks were not the best - groomed down to some icy spots, remnants of a few snowfall/rainfall cycles ago. Albeit, it was very nice to get out - actually my first exercise session since this day. Yep, it's been that long - again, I've been super busy (and again, more on that in another post - stop bugging me to talk about it!). The only thing that I've done since, which would be considered a form of exercise (is walking to the fridge exercise?), has been going to one kettle bell class, which by the way left me sore and stiff for about a week after an "easy" class.

King waxing up

Reminds me of this:

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

frosty

1 comment:

LennyG said...

Brr...rrrrrr....rrrrrrr!