Saturday, February 28, 2009

Achilles

My achilles heel . . . peanut butter. I have no defenses or strength to resist you. Your light brown creamy, nutty goodness makes my mouth water and my knees shake. Why do you tempt me with your sweetness? Can't you see that I am trying to lose weight. Why do you wake me up at three o'clock in the morning, calling my name to come eat you on some delicious bread?

Mmmmmm . . . . creamy, peanut buttery goodness.
Either crunchy or smooth, on bread or crackers, nothing tastes better. Your companions on the journey to the centre of my belly are jelly, jam, bacon (yes, bacon - you should really try it!), chocolate and my favourite and daily combo - banana. I will never tire of you. You are the perfect food.
I love you. My belly is fatter because of you.

One of these jars last a week in the house . . . . my wife might get a knife full once in a while.

5 comments:

Big Bikes said...

I had a peanut butter related revelation in St. Maarten. The market there didn't stock Skippy Superchunk, my personal favorite (none of that oily hippy crap for me if I can help it). They did, however, stock Jif Extra Crunchy. I tried it and found that it was WAY peanuttier! I think I'm going to make the switch. Fascinating, I know.

-t

The Vegan Vagabond said...

don't replace that jar!
mmm...pb, sweet sweet pb.

the original big ring said...

don't replace the jar . . . . ummmm, seems easy to say, but doing . . . we'll see!

Anonymous said...

You need to upgard to almond butter.
Its fn expensive and you'll have to start using a credit card to pay for it.
But, its so so tasty. Makes me cream my panties!!!

Better than peanut butter. The natural stuff... the other stuff is just full of fly sht

The Evil MGE! said...

No way Brah, Try some Sunflower Seed Butter! Good n tasty, love it with dark chocolate, on the bread, celery , carrots, apples or even on its own. Packed full of your Omega's.