Wednesday, November 9, 2011

All work

If all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy then I must be a very boring person.  Since returning from Colorado I've been on the bike once. Yes, once.  And that was 2 days after stepping off the plane an easy country road recovery ride. 

My plan was to dive head first into working on the house - painting, dry walling, a little construction, some vegetable garden preparation, winter yard work and spring preparation, hanging new interior doors . . . and the list goes on.  So, before shift, after shift and on my days off that's what I've been doing.  I've been outside mind you . . . if you consider walking to the car and driving to Home Depot exercise. 

I had the best intentions to keep a positive attitude and just get it all done before the snow flies.  However, after spending all weekend painting I'm beginning to feel a little bit like Jack - ready to fugging kill. 

Life is only going to get busier in the next few weeks as a new addition arrives to our family.  It's nearly three years since the passing of Jacks and my heart is nearly recovered.  The Peanut is getting bigger and older and we want her to experience growing up with a dog.  Come December 3rd Churchill (yes, we have the name already picked out) will be coming home.  He is a wired hair Pointing Griffon.  Bred for hunting, but they make excellent companion and family dogs.  They're also f-a-s-t and I am looking forward to him becoming my new riding buddy in the future.  Yes, life is going to be busy.


I'm still trying to sell the Niner.  It's a tough time of year to sell a high end bike.  Please help!  If you do, if you refer someone who actually ends up buying it I will pay you 10% commission (roughly forty bucks).  Funds will go to pay for a new steely ride and Project Snow-bike. 

4 comments:

Disco Stu said...

I know all about getting crap done around the house, especially this year. Say, if you're doing drywalling, might as well keep the ball rolling and come finish my basement for me!

CB2 said...

They pay big bucks down here for Canadian sheetrockers.

That's my birthday.

I hate riding with dogs. Mostly because I'm a hater, but also because they'll be running in front of me, think to themselves "Ah duh, where is that guy who feeds me?" and all of a sudden stop in the middle of the trail and look for said guy!

Anonymous said...

Disco, OBR knows a kickass tradesguy he was talking VERY highly of recently, you should talk to OBR if you need skilled trades.

A. Webster said...

Yay for puppies!!! Congrats on the new family addition :)